Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 10 Pictures-Found my camera cord!

Found my camera cord, these are pictures and a VERY cute video of Puppy from Day 10.

Rufus, the tan dog, is a friend's foster dog whom I was babysitting for the week. He is also available for adoption…house-broken, crate trained, dog/cat/kid friendly, obedient:
More information about Rufus!


You can see that Puppy doesn't have nearly as much blood-crusties as she did when I brought her home. Right now, it is just on the sides of her face and her spine.


She followed Rufus and Maya around everywhere! It is so cute to watch her want to do everything they are doing. She is also at about an 80% success rate with "sit".




Below is a video that begins as any other video I do….me capturing nothing interesting, talking to myself/the dog/the camera.  But….I caught cuteness when I recorded a surprise conversation I had with my neighbor who is starting first grade in the fall.






Note: about halfway through, she asks "How about Friday?"….Friday was here 3-foster dogs ago. I had Friday, who was a small black pit and then when Friday was adopted I took another little black pit whom I named Tuna. My neighbor couldn't remember that they were two different dogs.  Then, after Tuna was adopted I "executed" a bite-case quarantine for a dog that was brought in by his owner, who stated that while the owner was on the ground with the dog, playing with it and, admittedly growling at it, the dog bit him on the face. "The dog?", you may ask… oh, it was just an 8 week old puppy. Yeah, seriously. So even though the owner said the puppy didn't break skin, nor does it even seem logical because puppies are MOUTHY, all dogs who have reportedly bitten legally have to go on a 10-day quarantine. This is the amount of time it takes for rabies symptoms to present themselves. So, because this dog (also referred to as "Puppy" in my house) was a bite-case, he was not allowed to be handled by anyone and was going to sit in his small cage at the shelter before he could even be evaluated for adoption. I had to sign some special paperwork, legal jumbo-mumbo, and agreed not to take Bite Case Puppy off my property, no one but me was allowed to touch him, and he was not to interact with any animals. Not surprisingly, Bite Case Puppy passed his evaluation once his bite hold was done,  transferred to a real foster home, and was quickly adopted by a family with kids. Blah blah blah, I say all this because my neighbor asks where Friday is when, in reality, she wasn't even the last dog that she has seen in my yard.

2 comments: