Sunday, August 21, 2011

Puppy is an East Coast Traveler and other HUGE news!

New name (Chloe-owner's name to Puppy). New medicine. New food. New hair. New home. New family. New England. Yup, we went to Rhode Island for a few days, where I grew up, to visit my family. Puppy was a champ the entire time. Although I was prepared for some throw up on the long car ride, all Puppy did was sleep and try to snuggle with Maya (my dog).



The next video is Puppy meeting my mom and dad, as well as Betty (my former foster that my dad adopted a few years ago).  The energy and excitement that Puppy shows was so uplifting.


Next are just some pictures of Puppy playing with Betty and trying to play with Maya at the dog park. She followed Betty around everywhere and was putting on a show to try and get my dad to adopt her so she could stay with Betty (that was a no-go so she is still up for adoption).





Check out her new body frame. Not as skinny, although still really pathetic. She is definitely getting taller.



So while we were in Providence, Puppy went to Salon de Dad and got a medicated bath with a good scrubbing and her nails trimmed. She no longer has any crusties and her soft hair is quickly coming in. She is going to be white and brindle. I can't wait for the white on her nails to grow out, so another sign of neglect is gone forever.

Medical Update: Still on .20 CC's of Ivermectin and the antibiotic Cephalexin. She finished her round of Metronidozole but still doesn't have normal stool so I began adding pumpkin to her diet.

NOW FOR THE HUGE NEWS…
The man who surrendered Puppy brought in another adult female to animal control to surrender. This dog was, like my dog, very emaciated. Turns out that PSPCA looked into this guy in the winter time. With 2 more dogs as evidence (all pics I had to send to the agents), they will be pursuing criminal charges for neglect. So while his dogs (and I was told he has lots of puppies at his house) had to suffer, Karma is, hopefully, going to kick his butt. 



No comments:

Post a Comment